One of my favourite giveaways of the year always coincides with the start of winter and I’m thrilled to once again be partnering with Spindel and this year it’s an even more apt giveaway due to its incredible water-saving powers!!!
For the past few years I’ve been using my Spindel to help dry clothes, linen and towels quickly… so much so that we even got rid of our tumble drier due to the fact that it was unused and just taking up space!
The Spindel is one of the household appliances that no home should be without. This powerful device is incredible at spinning laundry to almost dry in just 3 minutes, saving time, energy and electricity by reducing tumble drying time. The bonus is that once it’s eliminated all the excess water from the items by spinning them, the excess water can be collected and re-used.
By saving the water spun out of your laundry with the Spindel you can now re-use that water to do your hand-washing, water your indoor plants or flush your toilet. Alternatively you can save the spun out water for your next load of machine washing.
Read on below for more about how to save water using a Spindel.
Save water with Spindel
With the extreme drought happening around South Africa, many people realise that handwashing with grey water is a good way to save water, especially for those smaller loads.
Spindel is perfect for handwashing, using spin power to remove buckets of water that can be reused again for your next load.
Another tip is to pair Spindel with your automatic washing machine to extract and reuse the residual water left behind in fabrics. By turning your washing machine spin speed down or setting it to “no spin”, you can maximise the water that can be extracted and reused.
Saving electricity AND water, the Spindel is surely an eco-friendly #LaundryLifeSaver!
More about Spindel
Here are a few more fab facts about how a Spindel can be beneficial in your home…
- One Spindel cycle uses 100 times less electricity than a tumble dryer.
- Spindel removes up to 80% of moisture from fabrics in just 3 minutes.
- A Spindel uses spin power, not heat, ensuring there is no costly damage to fabrics like shrinking or fading and making it ideal for your winter woollies!
- By removing excess moisture, laundry can be hung out to air-dry much, much faster; even inside on a rainy day ensuring clothing is ready to iron, fold and pack away rather than endlessly draped on clothes-horses around the house.
- A Spindel extracts residual detergent and mineral deposits from fabrics, so laundry dries cleaner and feels better too.
- Spindel can be used with machine or hand-washed laundry and is safe for all fabrics.
- Spindel is available in 4.5kg and 6.5kg models and is compact enough to pack away in a cupboard after use.
Now one lucky Becoming you reader will WIN a 6,5kg Spindel clothes dryer worth R2 599 (including delivery anywhere in South Africa)
To win please like the SpindelSA page on Facebook and then complete the form below
Thanks for entering! Good luck
For more information about Spindel please visit www.spindel.co.za or watch this video…
Spindel is available to purchase from home stores across South Africa including Hirch’s, Tafelberg Furnishers, Wakefords as well as online at www.takealot.com
P.S. Keep an eye out on Takealot on 2 July for a great one-day-only deal on the Spindel laundry dryer.