This week I am featuring a Durban based blogger/// Ruth from Rozziki.
Based in the coastal town of Umhlanga her site features food and fashion, trends, tips and travel. A mum of two and an avid dancer, her blog started out as purely fashion focussed but has since evolved to encompass all aspects of her life.
Read on to find out more about Ruth…
- Life does not go according to our plans and we need to slow down and appreciate the little things that we take for granted like spending time with our family and focusing on what we need rather than what we want. I find that often disappointment creeps in when we start comparing our lives to others rather than giving thanks and appreciating what we do have in our lives.
- Everything happens for a reason and what does not kill you will only make you stronger
- I am enough and I am stronger now than I have ever been because of my journey.
- I need to stop second guessing my decisions because it is ok to be different or go against the grain.
- Women do not always support each other and that is okay.. I will be the first to smile, encourage or compliment someone as that is the essence of my being. A flower does not think of competing with the next flower; it just blooms.
- The love of our family is unconditional and it is the glue that holds us all together.
- I am a bit of a shopaholic and love jackets, bags and perfumes but I will hunt around for days until I find exactly what I like rather than an impulse buy. I am also one of the most generous souls in my family and firmly believe in giving away something from my closet with every new purchase
- Ballroom dancing is one of my greatest loves and I have been dancing socially for nine years. It is a lovely way to get together and have fun with friends and a wonderful way to keep fit as well.
- I love travelling and exploring new places and experiencing different cultures and their cuisine.
I enjoy reading blogs and often get lost following links and discovering interesting lifestyle and travel bloggers .
I want to work on making a dedicated space for my home office .
I do not follow fashion trends and tend to stick to classics that do not go out of style. I do admit to have recently fallen in love with skinnies and enjoy pairing them with a pretty top and nice pair of flats . Dresses are my choice for summer as it is so comfortable especially in the humid Durban weather.
I need to plan my next holiday!
Images: Ruth Govender