Mandy-Lee is the inspirational (and crazy busy) woman behind the blog Pregnant in Cape Town & Ever.
Not only is she a mom of 1 cherubic daughter and a blogger, she is also a writer, editor and brand consultant, who, when she discovered she was pregnant with a honeymoon baby, left a successful career in public relations to follow her passion for writing. She is now a work-at-home mom (the best, and worst, of both worlds!) in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town.
Her blog, Pregnant in Cape Town, began as a pregnancy diary and grew into “& Ever After” with the birth of Charly. She blogs about the progress through pregnancy and parenthood and also features interviews, reviews and competitions.
Read on to find out more about Mandy
1. We are stronger together than we ever are apart. This holds true for family, friends, communities, women, moms, bloggers, countries, voices in general. The overwhleming competitiveness that constantly swirls around every aspect of life is such a drain on the power we hold if we work together instead of against each other.
2. The love for and of a child is the biggest most powerful emotion we will experience in life. We never appreciate it enough.
3. I am capable of so much more than I know, but I am slowly learning as I grow into a mother, wife, and myself.
1. My baby girl, Charlotte Rose (Charly). I adore every single thing about her, from her exquisite face to her huge personality to her incredibly strong sense of self that results in throw down tantrums and epic battles of will.
2. My husband, Brett, who drives me mental but ALWAYS has my back and believes in me more than I thought possible.
3. My family, my parents, sister, niece, brothers-in-law, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins – family is at the centre of everything that I do
4. My businesses – from my blog Pregnant in Cape Town & Ever After, to my parenting magazine Tums 2 Tots Online, to my brand consulting, writing and editing businesses, to South African Sisterhood to big social awareness campaigns. I LOVE what I do, I LOVE that I get to help and support other people, particularly women, parents, and small businesses and blogs.
5. Coffee, chocolate, jellytots, teddy bears, massages, pretty nails, boxes (of all kinds), symbolic jewellery, my car, and on and on….
Other blogs, particularly mom blogs; I am very lucky to get to read and select from some incredible parenting articles for the magazine. Mysteries, crime fiction and romcoms when I have “spare time” (so not really since I have had Charly)
Quiet time. A massage. A holiday. A new wardrobe. More patience. More discipline.
Nothing worth sharing. Pajamas mostly 😀
Time for me and massive amounts of sleep.
Thanks for taking the time out to share some insights into your life Mandy!!
Images: Mandy-Lee Miller