South Africa has so many beautiful small towns and places to explore. It can be hard to know where to start…
One of our favourite spots to spend time as a family is along the Garden Route. To me this special area has always started with Wilderness. The beautiful beachside town feels like the start of something special and my spirits soar everytime we wind our way down the Kaaimans River pass.
Here is a list of all our best things to do with kids in Wilderness and surrounds.
Best things to do in the Wilderness area of South Africa
1. Visit the famous ‘Map of Africa’ viewpoint at Wilderness Heights which allows one to enjoy a breathtaking view of the Kaaimans River Valley.
2. The Wilderness Lakes Art Route is well known as a delightful experience of local arts and crafts.
3.Ferry cruiseson the Touw River or Island Lake is a really special activity for families to enjoy together.
4. Dolphin Point at the top of Kaaimans Pass has a magnificent views of the river mouth below!
5. For the more adventurous Paragliding is offered by a few local companies such as Cloud Base Paragliding at this iconic paragliding spot.
6. Timberlake Organic Village hosts numerous kid friendly activities. They also provide some of the best coffee in town. Along with an engaging kids playground! You will also be delighted at the great local crafts folk with their beautiful wears on offer.
7. Get acrobatic at Acrobranch. This fun activity is where little ones can challenge themselves to completing the Acrotwigs rope course!
8. Visit one of the spectacular beaches at Wilderness
9. Go surfing or bodyboarding at Victoria Bay. Don’t forget to enjoy a soft serve ice cream while you’re there.
10. Take a hike or a walk. Near the entrance to Oakhurst is a short walk to see ‘The Big Tree’. This is a lovely short route for those with young kids.
These are OUR favourite things to do in the Wilderness area of the Garden Route.
Which are YOURS?
Share them in the comments below…
Pin this post!