There are so many wonderful places in the world which I still need to see. I’m aiming for an amazing round the World trip one day – probably in my retirement – having kids seems to sap the cash from your bank account like nobody’s business!! Anyway so here is my travel bucket list (in no particular order of course)
1. Greece, mostly island hopping or lazing rather!
2. Croatia – on a yacht would be nice!
3. Provence and the Cote ‘d Azur. Been to Paris, the Alps and the north of France but never quite made it futher south than Lyon. the south is the area which totally makes me swoon. I LOVE all things Provencal…..
4. New York and pretty much all of the USA. would have to be a 6 month tour. Might have to get a camper van 😉
5. Zanzibar or Mozambique. beach lounging with a touch of the exotic. yes please.
6. Australia – to see family, sydney, great barrier reef etc
7. Thailand. This was supposed to be our honeymoon destination but we went to Mauritius instead. I’m not complaining but would love to get there sometime. thai food…mmmm….. yum!
8. Disneyworld – i suppose the kids can come on this one 🙂
9. Rio de Janeiro – looks like a great vibey city much like cape town but in Spanish and with some South America flavour.
10. An overland trip through Africa – quite ambitious for a city girl but this looks like a trip of a lifetime and would so love to be a bit adventurous and plan something like this. might not make cape to Cairo but maybe Cape to Mombasa? via Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania and Kenya. A self-drive trip to Namibia might be a good start and this post about traveling in Namibia with kids will certainly help!
Ok so cheated a bit and got a few extra’s in there but there you have it. Now all I need to do is win the lottery or convince you to donate to my travel fund 🙂