If you follow me on Instagram (you do, don’t you??) you might have noticed a few photos of one of my new favourite finds that accompanied me on my trip to Greece back in June… My Turkish Towels!
I’d been eyeing out these beautiful cotton towels via the covetable Instagram feed of The Cotton Company for a few months and then, when I started researching about what to pack for a sailing trip, I discovered that Turkish Towels, made of 100% natural cotton, make the perfect towel for traveling! I’m so grateful for this discovery.
In love with my super soft Turkish Towels from @thecottoncompanysa Not only did they prove to be the best travel towels ever, but they're fitting right in at home too! Bath, pool, beach, bed. Super versatile and so very pretty. I can't wait to tell you all about them (and give you a chance to WIN) later this week!!! #turkishtowels #cottontowels #moroccantiles #bathroom #hammamtowels #hammam #lifestyle #pestamals #becomingyou
With their soft comforting texture, Turkish Towels are the ultimate in quality and simple everyday luxury.
Our Greek sailing experience has been the perfect mix of adventuring & relaxing. Sailing itself is hard work but the rewards are so worth it! Discovering each new island has been fascinating… each with their own unique character and secret spots. The island of Kythnos is more frequently visited by Greek tourists so we really enjoyed its authenticity. On our last morning on the island we headed off early to the opposite coastline in search of some famed hot springs once frequented by Greek and Roman royalty. The water was scorching hot coming out of the ground but a bit more bearable once it mixed with the sea water! We braves the rotation of hot and cold a few times and scrubbed ourselves down with sea sand, local style!
The Benefits of…. Turkish Towels
- Packing was at a premium for our sailing trip as we wanted to take hand luggage only and these super light weight towels took up hardly any room at all.
- The cotton towels dry really quickly making them perfect for days next to the pool or on the beach… or sailing!
- Plus you don’t have to tumble dry them as they air dry very quickly – thus saving electricity and money!
- Another major bonus with Turkish Towels is that they are so very versatile!
- My main purpose was to use them as a towel but they work equally well as a sarong, a table cloth, a bag, a throw, a scarf, a blanket! Literally endless options!!
- I also love the beautiful designs and bright colours that they come in… For my Greece trip the blue and white design was my favourite but here at home I’m loving mixing n matching – a different colour for each member of the family avoids squabbles about whose towel is whose (although I find myself having trouble sharing them and would really rather selfishly keep them all for myself!)
- Turkish Towels are fluff-free, durable, soft, absorbent and eco-friendly.
- They are stylish, beautiful and practical – the very best combination when looking to spend your hard earned money on something for yourself and your home!
I'm currently enjoying the holiday of a lifetime sailing around the Greek Isles. For real time updates and behind-the-scenes shots follow my Instagram stories! #greekislands #greece #poros #sailing #sailingholiday #holiday #PorosIsland #blueskies #travel #instatravel #wanderlust #lifestyleblogger #travelblogger #picoftheday #girlsvsglobe #instafun #girlslovetravel #discoverglobe #tbloggers #wearetravelgirls #beautifuldestinations #bestplacestogo #becomingyou PS loving my beautiful #turkishtowel from @thecottoncompanysa
I loved the story of The Cotton Company, the online store where I got my Turkish Towels in South Africa…
“During our time living in Istanbul, the beauty of Turkey and the kindness of its people became part of what we wanted to share with our friends and family in South-Africa.
I went on an extraordinary road trip through the Turkish countryside and met with a family of authentic weavers of Turkish towels. Their warmth is woven into the fabric of everything they do and we decided that we simply had to share their love.
Today, these are the kind, talented people who custom-weave the towels and textiles that The Cotton Company proudly offers you. We work closely with these traditional weavers in rural Turkey to produce Turkish Towels with a fresh, modern look and the original quality that they are famous for.”
To buy your own Turkish Towel head on over to The Cotton Company’s gorgeous website.
Tel: 060 505 7894 (Madeleine)
Email: [email protected]
Call to arrange a visit to their Paarl showroom where you can view the full range of styles and colours.
And be sure to follow The Cotton Company on Instagram... after seeing a few of their stylish pics you won’t be able to resist getting your own Turkish Towel!