As part of our path to living in a more conscious way, we’ve implemented certain routines and habits into our daily life over the past few years…
- We recently started eating less meat and more vegetables
- We are avid recyclers and composters
- We choose natural and organic cleaning products wherever possible
- We try to buy items that don’t have too much packaging
- We aim to reuse items once we have them in our home
- We pass on clothes we’ve outgrown or items we no longer use rather than throwing them away
- We choose to use glass instead of plastic to avoid BPA
Which brings me to my next point…. The Consol Red Hot Sale is NOW ON
Starting from 28 August until 9 September you can buy some of Consol’s best sellers at 50% less in their stores located in Stellenbosch and Woodmead, Pretoria.
Discounts range from 25%, 35% to 50% off – across multiple ranges and the bonus is that no individual Consol bottle or jar that is on the sale is selling for more than R25!
Now is the time to stock up on some of your Consol favourites!
To inspire your shopping trip to your nearest Consol store, here are a few ideas on why glass is the answer!
The Benefits of….. Glass
- Glass is one of the healthiest packaging and the only packaging with proven health benefits. It’s BPA free and is free of contaminants and doesn’t leach harmful chemicals into the food or water.
- As a 100% recyclable material, glass is infinitely reusable and recyclable meaning that it can be used over and over again in various versions of itself.
- An incredibly versatile medium, glass is strong and durable, resistant to heat, light and pressure
- Made from all natural substances, glass is completely inert thereby preserving the shelf life of its contents for longer. Food and drink kept in glass jars does not change in flavour or quality as glass preserves true flavours and freshness.
- You can store just about anything in glass, trusting that the integrity, nutritional value and health of the product will remain intact; making it a great way to store spices, dry goods and other pantry supplies in your kitchen.
- Glass is one of the most affordable ways to package products, so if you are in the business of catering or run your own home enterprise you will know that glass preserves the goodness, enjoyment and splendour that is homemade food.
- Glass is a timeless medium. I still have a few Consol glass jars that belonged to my granny sitting in my pantry cupboard from almost 20 years ago and they are still going strong! The beauty of buying glass is that it can last a lifetime. It does not deteriorate, corrode, stain or fade and is always stylish.
- Using glass when hosting a party or event always looks stylish and sophisticated and adds an element of class to an occasion. Turn a glass jar into an atrium, a vase, a table centerpiece, or a candle holder.
- Glass is a simply beautiful home decor item. The clean lines of glass always look fresh, while glass is certainly the very best way to display a bunch of your favourite blooms.
- A beautiful glass jar filled with something handmade and heartfelt is the ideal gift especially when it comes to festive gifting for teacher, neighbours, assistants. Think baked goods, pretty plants, sweet treats, stationary supplies, flowers. The options are endless…
If you don’t yet have a few of Consol’s own award winning Solar Jars you’ll want to change that soon! We have 4 and use ours so often… not just during load-shedding! They have come in really handy for camping trips and as extra mood lighting on our patio while entertaining in the evening. We’ll also be using them as wedding decor (along with plenty of other Consol jars) in the family wedding we’re hosting at our home next month! I think they’ll make a pretty way to light up the garden pathway the bridal couple will walk down to their wedding reception dinner, don’t you?? Unfortunately these aren’t on the sale but here are a few of the Consol glass products you’ll find on The Consol Red Hot Sale next week…
Consol Jar in a Jar
(NOW R24.80 each)
Essentially two jars of different sizes that fit one inside the other; the larger jars accommodate a smaller jar and they share a lid, so that, when closed, they are held securely together as a single container. This jar is great for those who eat lunches on the run – keep your croutons crispy or avoid limp lettuce by keeping the dressing on the side.
Consol Grip & GoTM Limited
(NOW R15.10 each)
The Consol Grip & Go™ Limited bottles were launched in 2016 in a range of four new colours with a new textured silicon grip and matching transparent lids. Available in a mint green, coral, grey and a navy, these trusted 500ml bottle are ideal for staying hydrated throughout the day.
Consol My Jar
(NOW R6.75 each for the 260ml bottle)
The Consol My Jar comes standard with a chalk board and chalk – perfect for labelling the jar contents or for creating a special message. Available in a range of colours, shapes and sizes (there are six different sizes ranging from 260ml to 3L, with black, yellow, blue and green chalk paint label options), these trendy glass bottles are versatile and lend themselves to storing just about anything. Ideal for nuts, preserves, sweet treats and cookies.
Consol Preserve Jar with Smartie Lids
(NOW R23.10 each for 1L bottle)
Consol is perhaps best known for its celebrated preserve jars – and besides adding a petite 250ml option to its extensive range; it also has a choice of six brightly coloured Smartie lids which completely transform the appearance of these jars. With limitless appeal and a variety of uses beyond preserving – these impermeable and airtight bottles allow you to store just about anything in them. From jams and relishes, to pickles, chutneys and granny’s wholesome family preserves… whatever you use them for, these jars are super fun and add a cheeky twist to the original Preserve Jar.
Glass products will crack if exposed to extreme heat or cold and should not therefore be stored in a freezer, nor heated in an oven or in a microwave – unless the tag/packaging states otherwise. Consol bottles and jars are dishwasher safe but cleaning with abrasives should be avoided. They are not suitable for carbonated products either.
Consol provides products in any quantity and the sale is no exception; there are no limits placed on per person sale quantities purchased in-store (while stocks last).
16 Waterval Crescent
Tel: +27 11 603 2080
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Closed on Public Holidays
Cnr Rand & Stoffelsmit Street
Tel: +27 21 888 4023
Monday – Thursday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Friday: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 1:00pm (The Stellenbosch Shop will only be open on the two Saturdays of the sale, not any other Saturday)
Closed on Public Holidays
PLEASE NOTE: Consol products are only on sale at the two Consol shops – not at other retailers.