Here are my reasons to feel good for this week!
1. It’s the first of November (a pinch and a punch and all that…)
2. I’ve been invited to a stunning event –
The O Tea Party – hosted by O, The Oprah Magazine this Thursday at Simons, Groot Constantia. I’m so looking forward to a wonderful afternoon of treats, pampering and meeting new people – does anyone have a hat I can borrow?? 😉 Will be sure to do a post about it so come back soon!
3. Today I get to announce the winner of the R200 voucher for Little Stream Restaurant – thank you to everyone who entered. I know the winner will be one lucky lady to spend an afternoon in those beautiful surroundings!
4. Our family is taking part in a campaign through Common Good Foundation called “Live under the Line” which means that for 3 days (Mon – Wed) we are trying to live beneath the poverty line ie. less than R10 a day per person for all our meals/ food. This is what more than 13 million South African’s face daily (and this amount covers everything – food, clothes, transport, education AND not just for 3 days) so we are trying to experience what they do – really makes you think about how much money we spend on food and how much of that food ends up in the bin! This morning I was working out the cost of one banana… It’s about R2. Anyway we are trying our best to stick to it and even though it’s tough it really is such a small sacrifice and it does feel good to be more mindful of others – samp and beans for supper then 😉 If you want to take part watch this video…
5. It’s the month my favourite man in all the world celebrates his birthday! Better get cracking on a present then…
6. The countdown to the Christmas and School holidays has begun with all the craziness that comes with it – school concerts, exams, christmas parties, end of year business functions, carol evenings, present buying, family fights etc etc… what’s not to love? Mayhem = memories
7. It’s the month of Movember – is this a good thing??? Well the awareness campaign is pretty important even if I’m not a huge fan of excessive facial hair 😉
8. I am due for a cell phone upgrade – yes I am actually joining the world of smart phones for the FIRST time. Can you believe it! Still trying to decide which to go for – would love an iPhone but those are a bit pricey, might go for Samsung or HTC? Thoughts?? I feel like a granny when faced with learning all the new technology I have been missing out on over the past 4 years like camera phones!!! Haha – that being said my trusty little Nokia has served me well – but onwards and upwards!!
9. Summer is definitely (maybe) going to make it’s arrival sometime this month…
10. My hubby and I are being treated to a night away, sans kids, by some lovely friends on Saturday night at Manna Bay boutique guest house…. the first time since my 18 month old was born – 18 months ago!!! SO ridiculously excited about a night off duty even if it’s only a few km’s away. Let’s hope the kids play nicely for Granny and Grandpa! Probably won’t know what to do with myself with all that time, but I’m fine with that. Yippee
What are your reasons to feel good – leave one here and make us smile!