The MOST requested supper in our home is one we have dubbed “Pesto Papa” to honour the name given by my 2 year old daughter – it’s a combination of Supper and Pasta. It’s also usually made by the “Papa” in our house, but I can make it too, so that proves that it can’t be too hard 😉
This family favourite was introduced to me by my Gran, a wonderful cook whose kitchen and garden always smelt of basil. It’s great for a quick lunch and also fab for a family meal. It’s gone down well as a meal for friends, for last minute entertaining and for bookclub night…
Quick Pasta & Pesto or “Pesto Papa”
Feeds 4 hungry people. Fast.
• 1 jar pesto. I love the original basil pesto option but Pesto Princess makes AMAZING flavours!
• 1 packet pasta
• Olive oil
• Parmesan or pecorino
• Feta cheese
• Baby tomatoes
• While the pasta is boiling in salted water, spoon the pesto concentrate into a small bowl, and stir in 2 tablespoons (30ml) of pasta cooking water, hot from the pot, and 2 tablespoons (30ml) of olive oil.
• Drain pasta, and coat with the pesto mixture.
• Season well, and serve piping hot with cheese of choice such as parmesan.
• We add feta and cherry tomatoes too, which adds a bit of colour and makes it extra yummy!
If you have the time you can melt the feta into the pesto mixture in a pan on the stove top, then add the baby tomatoes to soften them a bit before adding it to the pasta or you can add them uncooked – up to you!
We like Pesto Princess because it has:
no preservatives added.
no animal rennet.
not been pasteurized, keeping all nutrients intact.
dairy free pesto (red and olive)
garlic free, and nut free, options available on request
Another huge benefit is that the glass bottles allow for the product be be frozen and used directly from the freezer thereby being a great staple to keep on hand for last minute meal emergencies.
And sign up here to receive a Monthly Royal Recipe via email.
Contact the Pesto Princess Palace
Tel: 021 709 0915/ 073 459 3786
E-mail: [email protected]