This week I’m sharing my space with travel blogger Lydia who blogs over at Green Lydia.
She describes herself as a girl from the northern suburbs of Cape Town who fell in love with Joburg.
She considers all travel an adventure – whether it requires a plane ticket or is a day spent venturing to undiscovered places in the next town.
Her blog is where she shares…. things, places, eats, feelings etc.
- I know that being honest, friendly and humble are the three traits that serve you best in life.
- I know that cheese makes anything taste better.
- I know that life is incredibly short and if you have the opportunity to be kind and you should 10/10 do it.
- I know beans are the shittest food. Any beans. They all taste like the earth took a dump on them.
- I know you can make real friends from Twitter.
- I know music and long drives solve many problems.
- I know how to make really good mac & cheese.
- Come to think of it, I don’t really know much.
- The smell of sunscreen.
- I love long days and hot summer evenings.
- I love thick winter coats and wooly socks.
- I love my home.
- I REALLY love my hair.
- I have great hair.
- I love long lunches with friends.
- I love music.
- I love that I get to work with no pants on.
- I love my job.
- Well, wine. I love wine.
- And of course the boring obvious ones. Husband, family, pets.
- I read everything and anything. From NY Times best sellers to high school prescribed books and plays.
- I read a crap ton of blogs.
- I even read the back of the toilet cleaning products when I forget to take my phone to the bathroom.
- This month I am reading: Shantaram By Gregory David Roberts
- This is such a superficial thing to ask and the deeper things I want are too boring to read about.
- So, how about we go with what I want right now?
- I’d love a hot cup of good coffee.
- 3 days of solid sleep.
- Perhaps to have my nails done because I am too lazy to do them myself.
- I don’t want much.
- NO PANTS.
- Seriously I rarely work wearing pants.
- Why bother? (I work from home)
- When I am forced to conform I am jeans and t-shirt girl.
- I have everything I need.
- Shelter, food, love, acceptance.
- Who am I kidding?
- I need a million pounds please.
Images: Lydia Afonso