A few weeks back I was invited to a very lovely launch of a new foundation from Elizabeth Arden – their new Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Makeup with SPF 15. At the event a team of professional makeup artists were on hand to help us select the correct shade (my initial efforts to do this proved hopeless and it was great to get some guidance from an expert!). They then gave us some tips on how to apply foundation correctly after which they finished off our face before we hit the VIP tent at the J&B Met!
How to apply foundation
Use a foundation brush or your fingertips. Apply the most amount of foundation to the centre of your face and blend outwards from there. Start from your nose and centre of your forehead, blend into your cheeks and then down into your jawline and neck.
Since returning home with my specified shade of Beige I have found myself turning to this foundation on a very regular basis. I’m not usually one to wear make up every day due to time constraints but when I have done over the past few weeks it has almost always been to put on the Flawless Finish Foundation. It is very quickly becoming a firm favourite!
The reason for this is that the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Foundation is lightweight and really feels natural on my skin. I prefer not to look “caked” in makeup and like a light covering which this does really well. The foundation is great for reducing redness or pigmentation, it blends beautifully and leaves me looking healthy with a radiant glow.
This product will give you natural-looking coverage and minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines. It contains collagen-boosting antioxidant vitamins A, C and E plus antioxidant wild mushroom extract and it also has an SPF of 15 which is a must for those of us living in sunny climes especially if, like me, you sometimes forget to put on sunscreen first!
Here is a little “Before” and “After” photo…
Key Benefits and Ingredients:
- Soy Lipid technology – helps reduce pores by 20% over 4 weeks
- Moisturising ingredients – help to hydrate and lock in moisture for 24 hours.
- Soft focus minerals – impart a glowing radiance.
- Hydro Pigment Technology – pigments are enveloped by moisture-rich, plant based emollients that mimic skin’s flexibility and smoothness to provide the “second skin” feel.
- Carob Seed Extract – a natural plant extract that seals in and helps preserve moisture so skin feels hydrated and emits a radiant glow.
- Wild Mushroom Extract – a natural antioxidant that works immediately to lock in moisture and helps retain hydration throughout the day.
- Vitamin C & E – protect skin from free radical damage and environmental stressors that cause visible signs of ageing and help impove skin’s radiance.
- Radiant Mineral Crystals – illuminating soft focus crystals blur the look of imperfections and minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- SPF 15
The packaging is luxurious and I love that the bottle has a pump-action that eliminates any wastage or spoilage due to nasty bacteria accessing the product over time!
It comes in a variety of 13 shades which is great for South African women of all skin tones. These are… Golden Nude, Buff, Beige, Bisque, Cashew, Warn Sunbeige, Caramel, Warm Cappucino, Warm Mahogany, Cocoa, Sienna, Spice and Chestnut. The ones featured in my photos are: Golden Nude, Buff, Beige, Caramel & Cocoa.
The foundation costs R345 and is available in stores from March 2014 so if you’re looking for a lovely light foundation with light-reflecting, luminous properties then look no further!
Images: Kathryn Rossiter