The United Kingdom (UK) is a favourite destination for South Africans choosing to emigrate, but the whole process can be an expensive bureaucratic nightmare…
Well, you first need to establish whether you currently qualify for a UK visa. Then you need to choose a reliable visa solutions company to assist you with your application.
So, how do you go about choosing a reliable visa company to work with when there are so many people out there trying to take advantage of you and your lack of knowledge.
Ryan Rennison, managing director of United Kingdom (UK) visa solutions experts, Move Up, says your first port of call is to ask friends and family about their experiences, “Social media is an amazing tool for polling your networks for their recommendations of which companies do a good job – with a smile – and those you should steer clear of. The chances are if your neighbour, cousin or colleague had a positive experience with an immigration expert, you’ll have one too,” says Rennison
Another option is to do online research, most especially read reviews on the company for opinions from people in the know.
You can also turn to social media. Take a look at your prospective immigration agency’s social media platforms to check whether they are up to date. An inactive, empty or missing page may be a sign that the company is ‘fronting’ and not to be trusted.
Avoid unnecessary costs by finding out exactly which services you require. Immigration lawyers are best suited to complex immigration cases and often charge higher fees, while a straightforward visa or passport application can easily be managed by a reputable and experienced immigration consultancy.
The best immigration agencies have usually been around for many years. Look at the company’s track record. Are the employees experienced? Does the person heading up the organisation have a solid reputation? Can you get in touch with them easily if something goes wrong? Don’t be shy to ask for contactable references if you’re still unsure.
Good agencies will have policies and procedures in place that help give you peace of mind when it comes to handling and storing sensitive, personal information. For secure online payments, make sure their website URL begins with ‘httpS’. The ‘s’ means the website is secure and will safely process any credit card transactions you initiate.
Relocating to a new country can sometimes involve paying hundreds of thousands of rands in fees to your future government. If you’re nervous about parting with a large sum of cash, there are companies that offer background checks (on individuals and companies) for your peace of mind.
Once you’ve gathered all the information you need, trusting your intuition is the next step forward.
Fortunately, thanks to Move Up, there is now a quick and easy online assessment form to help you to find out which UK visas you may be eligible for.
The 20-minute online UK visa assessment system allows you to complete a series of questions and then Move Up is able to evaluate which UK visas you would be eligible for.
The online system also acts as a visa application so once you submit your application you will receive an email listing your visa options and the costs involved.
Before you begin filling in the online UK visa application and assessment form, here are a few tips to get you started:
1. While the form takes approximately 20 minutes to complete, accurately filling in as much information as possible will radically speed up your visa application’s processing time. That’s because using a digital process allows Move Up’s consultants to skip the time-consuming data-capturing step.
2. Completing this online form lets Move Up evaluate which visas you qualify for. There are probably more options available to you than you realise! Once you submit your application you’ll receive an email with your personalised visa options and pricing to help you choose the way forward, even faster.
3. Everyone hates paperwork, which is why you’ll never have to fill this form in again. Move Up’s highly advanced system securely stores your profile information, making future visa or passport applications a breeze.
4. If you get interrupted while filling in the application form, don’t worry! You can go back anytime and the website will automatically reload your answers until you are able to submit them.
5. Going on a group trip? No problem! With the Move Up’s application form you can fill in multiple details, or send the other people you are travelling with a link that will allow them to fill in their information themselves.
The next step is to fill in the online application and assessment form here:
Move Up is a UK-specific immigration consultancy that assists with lodging UK visa applications for South African citizens. Founder and managing director of the company, Ryan Rennison is an expert in the field, with over 10 years of experience helping people relocate to the United Kingdom.
Planning a move to the UK? Read these interviews with South African expats first