Yesterday I was honoured to feature on Being Brazen’s bucket list series. Being Brazen is one of my favourite bloggers and I have always enjoyed reading other bloggers’ bucket lists in this series and wondered what would be on mine should I get the opportunity to be featured – well that day came yesterday!
I have always loved making lists – lists about everything… what to pack, where to go, things to organise, tasks to complete etc but when it came to finally making a BUCKET LIST for Being Brazen I took a while to decide what was most important to feature publicly for all to read (and ultimately follow up on!!)
Anyway here is my bucket list. I tried to keep it short but that was pretty impossible – I have alot I want to cram into the next 60+ years I hope to have left!
1. Raise my children to know what true success is – and for them to be healthy, happy, safe, well-rounded individuals who know their maker!
2. Celebrate my diamond wedding anniversary
3. Own a children’s book shop – like the one in “You’ve Got Mail”
4. Own a fabulous house with a great entertaining area and a view of the sea!
5. Travel overland through Africa with my family – I’m missing a bit of adventure during this stage of life!
6. Read all the books on my bookshelf – I have a bad book habit in that I love books esp on sales so I will buy them and not read them. BAD. I esp want to read all the classics, but due to my internet and magazine addiction this may never happen…
7. Have a successful business of my own – hopefully my blog will be this one day?? 🙂
8. Get a degree in English, write a book and have it published… might aim for a kiddies book first 😉
9. Have a wardrobe overhaul and shopping spree with a personal stylist – I am pretty hopeless with fashion so this would be so much fun but also so necessary!
10. Learn how to use the manual settings on my SLR camera – I think after 5 years this is a bit overdue.
11. Work for a women’s magazine – my dream since age 14 – I realise that it is probably much less glamorous than is perceived with a fair amount of stress but because it has been such a long held dream I really want to discover this for myself!
12. Travel to a new destination every year for a month of exploring. It would take up WAY to much space to list everywhere I still need to see but I have yet to visit Asia, Australasia or the Americas so there are LOTS of possible destinations.
Thank you Brazen for the opportunity! It was a lot of fun to write all my dreams down in one place – here’s hoping they all come true! My bucket list on Being Brazen.
Let me know your thoughts on my list or what would be on your own by leaving a comment!