ZAO organic makeup
As you know I am particularly interested in discovering natural products for my home and personal use and always enjoy discovering new products available in South Africa. I was recently introduced to a great line of natural and certified organic make up products called ZAO.
The range is the first organic premium make-up that is packaged in beautiful eco-friendly bamboo cases and offers economical refills, raising standards in ecological cosmetics. It is certified by ECOCERT and COSMEBIO as 100% natural, with as many organic and fair trade ingredients as possible. ZAO contains absolutely no petrochemical, synthetic, toxic or harmful additives, it is great even for the most sensitive skin and packed with powerful natural active ingredients. The premium quality products are also not tested on animals.
I tried out the Pearly Eye Shadow in Golden Sand. What a divine product! I loved the little refillable bamboo cases and the sweet, soft cotton pouch it was presented makes it feel extra special while protecting the case at the same time. The all natural composition makes it great for those with sensitive skins and reduces allergic reactions. The texture of the eye shadow is light and smooth and it has a lovely hint of shimmer too. The pearly range has 10 colours including pearly white, pinky beige, old pink, garnet, brown grey, bronze, grey green, turquoise and metallic grey.
The pearly eyeshadow is ideal for a sophisticated evening look. Products with the pearly effect are recommended for deep-set or smaller eyes as they bring the eyes to life with a shimmer. Apply a lighter colour over the entire eyelid using a sponge applicator. Apply a medium intensity eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye and under the brow with an orbit brush and finish with a thin line of dark eyeshadow along the contour of your eye, use an angled brush to intensify your eyes.
ZAO beauty tip: For a subtle touch, apply a very light colour in the corner of the eye following the “V”, this will make your eyes sparkle! If there is pearly deposit in the wrinkles around your eyes, just use your brush to remove excess powder and apply some compact powder.
Other products in the range include matt, loose and cream eye shadows, mineral silk (loose) and cooked powder, compact powder and blusher, lipsticks, glosses and balms, cover sticks, mascara, eyeliner, pencils and the most beautiful bamboo make up brushes.
Great news for Becoming you readers – you can get a 20% discount off any of these products by shopping at www.natural-beauty-africa.co.za. Just enter the code becomingyou20 when prompted during check-out, and receive 20% off anything in the shop!*
Other certified organic products coming soon from Natural Beauty Africa include:
- eco’s sun care range with the first organic 50+ sun screen and first organic transparent sun protection
- eco’s Body Boost for a beautiful bust especially after breast-feeding
- Eliah Sahil’s innovative shampoo and skin care in powder form – no water means no preservatives required, less weight, no leakage, and its permitted in cabin baggage!
- Sante’s first children’s face paints in organic quality – for healthy kids’ skin, no worries for parents
- Sante’s 100% natural herbal hair colours priced at only R99
- Sante’s men’s skin care in two distinctive fragrances
- Sante’s crystal deodorant – a natural deodorant that really provides 24h protection
- Sante’s vitamin B12 toothpaste – a clever supplement for vegetarians
- Ayuclean, the first certified organic detergent – and as low-cost as conventional products too!
- Planet Pure’s palm leaf plates – waterproof, heat-resistant and super sustainable, made from palm leaves with not a single tree felled!
*Terms and conditions apply to this offer and it is valid until 30 September 2012 while stocks last.
Or sign up to receive a daily email from Becoming you in your inbox here.