I recently received the April rubybox but was unable to photograph the items due to an unfortunate incident of the sea and the 350D. I’m happy to report that I am now the proud owner of a shiny new camera and the smile has returned to my face…. and I am now able to do this post with pics!! Except that I did the entire review and then lost it all due to some technical mishap on my blog…. grrrrr! Obvs this post is jinxed. Please appreciate the effort and sheer will-power it took to redo the entire post! Thanks. Appreciate it 😉
So what was inside my April rubybox??
The concept of the box I received was all about easy beauty – perfect for the time-poor modern woman (esp moms!)
1. Batiste Dry Shampoo – The product to use when you need to blitz oily roots on the run. Dry Shampoo is the latest thing to hit the market in terms of convenience beauty products and I may be inclined to try it out in desperate times (ie. in hospital with a new baby) BUT I don’t really dig the idea of using a whole bunch of chemicals and then leaving them on my hair / scalp to be reabsorbed – So I’m not a fan of this product unfortunately.
2. Diesel Loverdose EDP – Love receiving fragrance samples to try out and this is a goodie. Playful and sexy, it’s perfect for a night out. Definitely more musky than what I would usually go for but I enjoyed being exposed to something different and the combination of liquorice, vanilla and jasmine in this eau de parfum is irresitible.
3. Phytomer Hydracontine Moisturising Hand Cream – A nourishing hand cream with sweet almond oil, shea butter and Pheohydrane that keeps moisture locked in. I found this cream really light and quick to absorb unfortunately I feel the scent is a bit too old for me…
4. NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow – Now I find applying normal eyeshadow hard so loose eyeshadow isn’t going to end well, but I’m hoping to learn! The colour is charcoal so not something I’d wear every day but def a good option for a night time look. Will need to practice tho to avoid looking like a raccoon!
5. Primeve Plus & B-Cal Ultra multivitamin samples – The first is an evening primrose oil supplement with omega 6, magnesium, vit B6 & E plus zinc all aimed at helping women cope with PMS and menopause and boosting healthy hair, nails and skin. The second pack is a multivitamin packed with calcium, vit D and magnesium all useful in building strong bones – an essential for women in all life stages! I also received a discount voucher for the next time I need to purchase these products.
This is the second rubybox I have received and after the lovely March box I was looking forward to great things but must admit that I was a bit disappointed with the box this month. I think this was due to a few reasons – of the 5 brands in the box I have not been exposed to any of them before, all my items seemed liked sample sizes (and finished really quickly!) although the card told me 2 were full sizes they didn’t feel like they were, also I don’t tend to use dry shampoo or loose eyeshadow – I know the point of the box is to sample NEW products and ideas but I kinda would like just one thing I can use for a few weeks.
Anyway I don’t think this once off experience is something I can base my entire rubybox experience on and I’m def still super excited to see what’s coming up in next month box. I’ve seen some hints that it’s going to be a goodie.
rubybox delivers beauty’s best luxury trial-size samples and expert insider advice, without any fuss. Between the 8th and the 15th of every month, rubybox members receive a beautiful, bespoke box containing luxury, trial-size samples that span across beauty categories.
Benefits of Rubybox Membership
Product to a minimum value of R200.
Free delivery direct to your home via courier (or to your closest post office for very outlying areas).
Website filled with expert tips, tricks, and tutorials.
Earn rubyRands for reviewing products, referring friends, buying products and more.
Sign up for next month’s fabulous luxury rubybox worth R1000 rubybox here:
Images: by Kathryn Rossiter
Latest posts by Kathryn Rossiter (see all)
- Weekend Wanderings: Asara Wine Estate, Stellenbosch - February 20, 2017
- Inspiring Interiors: Moroccan Warehouse - February 16, 2017
- Restaurant Review: Dalliance Restaurant, V&A Waterfront - February 15, 2017