Hair Care Tips and Trends for Summer 2012
With summer around the corner I think I’m not alone in wanting to start preparing to look my best but this doesn’t only extend to getting back to gym and starting that new diet. A huge improvement can be made by increasing your confidence and what better way to do this than by taking care of the first feature people notice about you – your hair!
I approached Adele Ross a senior stylist at Spoilt Hair and Beauty Salon in Green Point, Cape Town for some Hair Care Tips and Trends for Summer 2012!
- Hair care is always important – it’s best to always keep good quality products at hand.
- Remember that quality will always take precedence over quantity so seek the advice of your stylist to ensure that you’re using the correct type of product for your hair type.
- Never go to bed with wet hair, always dry it and if it’s long, keep it controlled with a hair band.
- Always use a heat protecting spray or lotion and try and opt for more professional styling tools.
- The dryers you buy in a regular store are not always consistent with their heat. It might seem more costly, but in the long run less damaging to get a salon quality dryer. They also last much longer.
- If you are going to have colour done, make sure that all heavy duty jobs are done by a professional.
- Do not attempt bleach baths or funky styles on your own because repairing it later will be much more costly.
- At the moment the Balayage and Ombre tinting styles are taking the colour world by storm. Inserting bright colour flashes against solid hair shades also prove to be very eye catching.
- The cuts for Summer 2012 are flowing and soft and blow-drying has made a comeback.
- Whatever you do, keep it simple.
Or sign up to receive a daily email from Becoming you in your inbox here.