This Beauty Buzz series is supposed to be a monthly post featuring the most recent and up-to-date beauty news you can use… unfortunately I somehow skipped Dec, Jan & Feb! Oops!
Anyway, I’m back… and the Beauty Buzz series is back too! Hopefully I’ll keep on track to publish it once a month… 😉
Here are the 5 NEW product launches that will be on shelves soon which I think you need to know about…
5 brilliant new beauty buys for March 2017
1.Beauty and the Beast nail polish collection from Morgan Taylor
A beautiful new colour collection from Morgan Taylor is being released to celebrate Disney’s NEW live action Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson.
The Morgan Taylor Beauty & the Beast nail lacquer collection features 6 shades plus a speciality coat, Enchanted Patina, that transforms all 6 shades into beautiful antique hues…
The shades are:
- Potts White (alabaster iridescent)
- Days in the Sun (a pale yellow iridescent creme)
- Gaston and On and On (a light blue creme)
- Plumette with Excitement (a light pink creme)
- Be Our Guest (a medium pink creme)
- The Last Pearl (red pearl)
The pretty rose pink Be Our Guest is my favourite! I also love the Enchanted Patina worn on it’s own… a iridescent bronze
Coming to salons, spas and leading retails this March at R149/ bottle
2. Nivea Q10 plus Anti-wrinkle Replenishing Serum Pearls
NIVEA have just added an exciting new serum to their Q10 range: NIVEA Q10 Plus Anti-wrinkle Replenishing Serum Pearls.
I’ve been trying this new serum out for a few days since it landed on my desk and I’m really enjoying it. This product promises the ultimate in anti-wrinkle power, even on deep wrinkles, thanks to it’s star ingredient, Q10.
Q10 is a good antioxidant that occurs naturally in our skin and helps to our cells produce ATP (cellular energy). As we age our reserves of Q10 deplete and our skin loses it’s ability to fight wrinkles and fight off free-radicals.
The patented pearl technology is what sets this Pearl Serum apart from other Q10 products on the shelf. Concentrated high-performance Q10 Plus Pearls are embedded in a moisturising hydrogel that contains Creatine and Hyaluronic Acid and these little yellow pearls burst open when you pump the product out of it’s airless pump to supply the skin with moisture so it feels smooth and silky.
Creatine is known for supporting the energy supply and metabolism in the skin. It helps to counteract signs of skin aging. Hyaluronic Acid is a molecule that occurs naturally in many parts of our body and helps to increase the tissue’s ability to bind water.
For best results incorporate the Pearl Serum into your daily routine and apply morning and night before your moisturiser. The NIVEA Q10 Replenishing Serum with pearls retails for R229 making it an affordable option for those looking to try out a serum for the first time. It is available at Clicks, Dis-chem and supermarkets across SA.
3. Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream (& Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil)
Two beautiful new products to look out for from Kiehl’s this month…. Both launches have got me very excited!
Another new launch for this brand is their Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil, a non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic oil cleanser that deeply cleanses while maintaining the skin barrier, all without leaving an oily residue!
Leveraging the Kiehl’s chemists’ expertise in lightweight, yet efficacious face oils, the Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil not only efficiently washes away skin impurities such as dirt, oil and sunscreen, but it is also effective on stubborn makeup, eliminating the need for double-cleansing.
“Using oil to clean one’s skin may seem contrary to what consumers have historically been taught, especially those with oily skin. However, cleansing oils like Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil are a most effective way to gently cleanse skin. Our formula offers the distinct benefit of not only cleansing gently but also maintaining the skin barrier.” – Cammie Cannella, Kiehl’s Vice President of Global Education.
Oil cleansers work because they contain solubilizing oils that break up and adhere to the impurities which can then be rinsed away when water is added.
In the 1950s, inspired by the ancient Asian practice of using oil to cleanse skin, make-up artists in Hollywood began using oil to remove make up. Today cleansing oils are a make-up artist staple and are highly recommended by Dermatologists.
Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil features the a blend of ingredients such as Squalane, Evening Primrose Oil, and Lavender Essential Oil which ultimately leave the skin thoroughly cleansed and hydrated. It contains 0% soap, 0% sulfate and 0% mineral oil.
- Squalane: This signature Kiehl’s ingredient is a botanical lipid derived from olives and shares a similar molecular structure with skin’s own natural oils. It has emollient characteristics that allow it to coat the skin’s surface. Within the formula, Squalane is used as a solubilizing ingredient to break up makeup and impurities on skin. It also helps to soften and hydrate skin.
- Evening Primrose Oil: A botanical oil obtained through cold press extraction with a high content of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids. Within the formula, Evening Primrose helps to maintain skin barrier and leave skin feeling replenished and smooth.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Sourced from Bulgarian lavender and obtained by steam distillation of the flower to preserve its natural aroma. Within the formula, this aromatic Essential Oil helps to soothe skin and prepare it for nighttime replenishment.
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil retails for R650 at all Kiehl’s beauty counters in Edgars stores and online via Red Square.
4. Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
Almost everyone has used the Daily Microfoliant from Dermalogica (if you haven’t hears of this cult product where have you been??)
Now there is a NEW daily exfoliator arriving from Dermalogica… and this one promises to become even more popular than it’s celebrity cousin!
Dermalogica’s Daily Superfoliant is a highly-active skin resurfacer that aims to deliver your smoothest skin ever. Not only does it help to exfoliate skin, it also protects skin against the biochemical and environmental factors known to accelerate skin aging.
Upon contact with water, the powder formula releases powerful enzymes including alpha hydroxy acids, anti-pollution technology and activated Binchotan Charcoal to purify the skin and adsorb environmental toxins from deep within the pores.
Ingredients such as Niacinamide, Red Algae and Tara Fruit Extract help to guard against the damaging effects of pollution.
This product is worth investing in if you’re looking to resurface your skin, deep cleanse and detoxify pores or want to fight environmental pollutants that leads to premature skin aging.
Daily Superfoliant is retailing for R1180 at various Dermalogica Concept Stores and stockists
5. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hydrating Mist
If you’re a fan of Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream you’ll be excited to hear about this latest addition to the Eight Hour family…
Eight Hour® Miracle Hydrating Mist is powered by an antioxidant-rich Superfruit Blend (a blend of acai, goji, mangosteen & noni) that works to leave skin feeling hydrated, soothed, reinvigorated and looking healthy. Infused with soothing extracts, this mist helps to cool and calm skin on contact while providing instant moisturisation.
This multi-purpose hydrating spray is suitable for all skin types and can be used in a number of different ways at any time throughout the day. It’s also a really convenient size so can be kept in your handbag or taken in your carry-on bag when flying (TSA approved size!)
I love this mists’s lovely uplifting fragrance – a blend of Lemon Water, Rose and Bergamot – a true sensorial aromatic experience.
I’ve been using this at night before retiring to bed and it’s been leaving my skin feeling really hydrated every morning but this is a product than can be used in a multitude of ways…
Here are a few suggestions from Elizabeth Arden:
- Morning – a quick spritz will help you feel more awake
- Post Shower – mist skin right out of the shower for a healthy glow
- On-The-Go or In the Office – the perfect pick-me-up that instantly refreshes a dull, dry complexion
- Break Time – the invigorating scent offers a cool burst of energy after a long day
- Midday Makeup Refresh – spritz face and gently pat with a brush or sponge to revitalise your look
- Flying High – keep your skin feeling hydrated in the ultra-dry cabin air
- Post Workout – refresh skin with an energising boost of hydration after a hard workout
- Evening Chic – lightly mist after setting makeup with powder to prevent a dry, overly matte look
The Eight Hour Miracle Hydrating Mist retails for R350 for the 100 ml Bottle and is available from 20 March 2017 at selected department stores.